New Dates Announced for Design in Mental Health
Over recent weeks, we have been monitoring the impact of Covid-19 on society and particularly our market. This has included:
- Following the progress of the UK in terms of UK Government Covid Alert Levels and the steps of adjustment taken to social distancing measures.
- Considering measures necessary for delivering events safely post Covid-19.
- Taking into account viewpoints relating to realities and constraints of the industry in term of attending events.
Naturally we have been hoping that Design in Mental Health can take place as normal over the dates in November. However, although we can make contingency plans, it seems very unlikely that social distancing in-doors will be significantly below 2 metres by that time.
There are several considerations in hand. But 2 significant ones are:
- The health, safety & wellbeing of everyone at Design in Mental Health.
- Protecting the investment and value of exhibitors.
Organising an event with social distancing measures whilst feasible, is impractical. It places significant restrictions on layout of the event, its access and format as well as the flow of attendees around it. Then there are additional considerations relating to stand design and the ability of exhibitors to interact with attendees and for attendees to interact with the exhibits.
We will know more as this pandemic and our response to it progresses. However, it seems prudent – in the interests of protecting the value that everyone has invested in Design in Mental Health – to reschedule the dates to place as much distance as possible between this pandemic and the live event. Accordingly the dates for the next Design in Mental Health Conference and Exhibition will be 9 – 10 June 2021.
All exhibition bookings, delegate bookings, awards dinner bookings and visitor pre-registrations will be transferred automatically to the new dates. Our aim is to facilitate a smooth transition.
James Lee, Event Director, Design in Mental Health